Wind River faced challenges by not being able to scale up its professional services engineering team. Extending the team was not an easy task since it required highly specialized skills in areas such as automotive security, ISO26262 safety certification, autonomous driving, Linux kernel optimization, Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Tremend was able to meet the demand for a highly skilled engineering team by engaging the right mix of specialists in embedded software development to build such complex solutions.
Some of the highlights of the partnership:
- Working on the next generation automotive infotainment platform for Intel processors.
- Delivering autonomous driving platform code ready for ASIL-D - the highest automotive safety certification.
- First Apple CarPlay implementation running on a production-ready automotive head-unit.
- Pioneering the usage of open source and web technologies like Apache Cordova and Angular.js in navigation and infotainment systems.
- Safety qualification of the Diab compiler for the VxWorks real-time operating system, used by the aerospace and automotive industry.
- Developing an Android-based operating system installed in infotainment units for one of the most popular car brands in the United States.
- Dramatically improving boot times and optimizing factory processes for flashing the software on Linux and Android car systems.